Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDTIONS
Apollo Streams Terms & Conditions
1. Description of Service. Apollo Streams provides the Apollo Streams App to facilitate communication, control, and playback of live video content. This agreement defines terms and conditions for using the Apollo Streams App.
2. Limited Right to Use the Apollo Streams App. In exchange for the payment of the monthly Subscription Fee, and subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, Apollo Streams hereby grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Apollo Streams App. You acknowledge that all right, title, and interest in and to the Apollo Streams App and all intellectual property associated with it is and shall remain the sole property of Apollo Streams. Apollo Streams reserves all rights not expressly granted to You in this Agreement. Except for the limited rights and licenses expressly granted under this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement grants, by implication, waiver, estoppel, or otherwise, to You or any third party any intellectual property rights or other right, title, or interest in or to the Apollo Streams App.
4. Subscription Fee. You will be charged, and You agree to pay, the Monthly Subscription Fee as outlined during your registration process on www.apollostreams.com.
5. Acceptable Use Policy. Apollo Streams reserves the right in its sole discretion to restrict Your use of the Apollo Streams App for any reason, including but not limited to, Your violation of any laws, these Terms and Conditions, or this Acceptable Use Policy. The Acceptable Use Policy below describes certain actions relating to the use of the Apollo Streams App that is inappropriate and thus prohibited. If You are unsure whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please contact Apollo Streams through the following online link: www.apollostreams.com/Contact. Actions which Apollo Streams considers inappropriate include, but are not limited to, (1) using the Apollo Streams App to playback any content of the nature set forth in 47 U.S.C. §230(c)(2)(A) (i.e., material that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable); (2) using the Apollo Streams App to post any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, organizations, groups or individuals or which provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence; (3) using the Apollo Streams App to post any content that places Apollo Streams, its employees, agents, or affiliates in a bad light or subjects them to public scorn or ridicule; (5) using the Apollo Streams App to playback any content that violates any copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights of others; (6) deleting or altering author attributes or copyright notices, unless expressly permitted in writing by the author or owner; (7) using the Apollo Streams App in a tortious manner, including the posting of libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing or private information without the permission of the person(s) involved, or posting content that is likely to cause emotional distress; or (9) introducing viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code on the Internet. You further agree that You agree that you will not, under any circumstances: (a) solicit, or attempt to solicit, personal information from other users of the website; (b) collect, harvest or post anyone’s private information, including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents or financial information through the website; or (c) upload or transmit, or attempt to upload or transmit, without Our express written permission, any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware,” “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
6. Right to Use Submissions. “User Content” means any communications, images, sounds, data and information that you upload or transmit through the Apollo Streams App, or that other users upload or transmit. You grant to Apollo Streams a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license, sublicensable through multiple tiers, without compensation to you, to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate and reformat), create derivative works of, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import User Content, in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise. You represent and warrant that You have all rights necessary for you to grant the licenses granted in this section with respect to any User Content and that your provision of User Content through the Apollo Streams App complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding any User Content that you may have under any applicable law or under any legal theory. This section will survive termination of this Agreement for any reason. We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to edit any User Content and to choose to include or not include such User Content in marketing for the Apollo Streams App. The Profiles and Forums include the opinions, statements and other content of third parties. We are not responsible for screening, monitoring or verifying such content, including such content’s accuracy, reliability or compliance with copyright or other laws. Any opinions, statements or other materials made available by third parties through videos created using the Apollo Streams App are those of such third parties and not of Apollo Streams, and Apollo Streams does not endorse any such opinions, statements or materials. We may remove objectionable statements or other content from the Apollo Streams App at any time. Please understand that removal or editing of any User Content or other materials may not occur immediately. You understand and accept that removed content may persist in back-up copies for a reasonable period of time.
You acknowledge and agree that We have no control over, and will have no liability for any damages resulting from, the use (including without limitation re-publication) or misuse by any third party of information voluntarily made public through the videos created, Profiles, Forums or any other part of the website. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE IN A STREAMED VIDEO OR OTHERWISE THROUGH THE APOLLO STREAMS APP OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
7. Third Party Advertising. You understand that User Content streamed through the Apollo Streams App may feature advertisements, including videos, from Apollo Streams or other third parties. You may be compensated by Apollo Streams for any such advertisements You view. Apollo Streams makes no representation or warranty regarding any content, goods and/or services provided by any third party even if linked to or from the Apollo Streams App, and will not be liable for any claim relating to any third party content, goods and/or services. The third parties and the advertisements are not under the control of Apollo Streams and may collect data or solicit personal information from you. Apollo Streams is not responsible for any actions or omissions by such sites, for their content, business practices or privacy policies, or for their collection, use or disclosure of any information. Further, the inclusion of any advertisement does not imply endorsement by Apollo Streams of the goods or services offered therein. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY SITES AND RESOURCES AND ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Apollo Streams and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates, and each of their successors and assigns from and against any and all costs, losses, claims, liabilities, fines, penalties, consequential damages whatsoever, incurred in connection with, arising directly or indirectly out of, resulting from or incident to (i) Your use of the Apollo Streams App, or (ii) any third party claims alleging infringement of any proprietary rights related to any content delivered by You utilizing the Apollo Streams App.
9. Modification of Service. Apollo Streams reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Apollo Streams App (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Apollo Streams shall not be liable to You or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Apollo Streams App.
10. Support and Maintenance of the Apollo Streams App. You acknowledge and agree that Apollo Streams has no obligation to provide maintenance and support of the Apollo Streams App to You.
12. Limitation of Liability. The Apollo Streams App is provided to You as-is. You expressly agree that use of the Apollo Streams App is at Your sole risk. Neither Apollo Streams, nor its employees, affiliates, agents, distributors, resellers, or the like, warrant that the Apollo Streams App will not be interrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the service or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information or service contained in or provided through the Apollo Streams App, unless otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement.
a. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Apollo Streams, its officers, agents or anyone else involved in creating, producing, or distributing the Apollo Streams App be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Apollo Streams App; or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to acts of God, communication failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to Apollo Streams records, programs or services.
b. Except as expressly set forth in this agreement, Apollo Streams makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, relating to anything within the scope of this agreement. All implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement, compatibility, title, usage of trade and course of dealing are expressly disclaimed and excluded. This disclaimer applies to, but is not limited to, all products, goods, improvements, equipment, and services sold or otherwise provided by Apollo Streams to You.
c. Notwithstanding the above, Your exclusive remedies for all damages, losses and causes of actions whether in contract or misdemeanor including negligence or otherwise, shall not exceed the aggregate dollar amount which You paid during the term of this Agreement.
13. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Utah. To the fullest extent permitted by law, You hereby expressly agree that any proceeding arising out of or relating to Your use of the shall be instituted in a state or federal court sitting in Salt Lake County, Utah, USA, and You expressly waive any objection that You may have now or hereafter to the laying of the venue or to the jurisdiction of any such proceeding. You agree that any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to Your use of the Apollo Streams App must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose.
14. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the Parties hereto shall negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect the original intent of the Parties as closely as possible in a mutually acceptable manner in order that the transactions contemplated hereby be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
16. Non-transferable Apollo Streams Account. You acknowledge and agree that access to the Apollo Streams App is controlled exclusively by Apollo Streams. You shall not transfer Your access to the Apollo Streams App to any other person or entity, nor allow any other person or entity to access the Apollo Streams App via Your login credentials.
17. Confidentiality. You acknowledge that Apollo Streams may disclose confidential and proprietary information to You, including but not limited to, any documentation regarding the operation of the Apollo Streams App (the “Confidential Information”). You agree to preserve and protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information and not to disclose any Confidential Information to any third party without the prior written consent of Apollo Streams. Your confidentiality obligation shall not apply to information that:
a. is already in Your possession at the time of disclosure thereof;
b. is or later becomes part of the public domain through no fault of You;
c. is received from a third party having no obligations of confidentiality to Apollo Streams;
d. is independently developed by You; or
e. is required by law or regulation to be disclosed.
In the event that information is required to be disclosed pursuant to subsection e. and to the extent authorized by the law, You shall notify Apollo Streams to allow Apollo Streams to assert whatever exclusions or exemptions may be available to it under such law or regulation.
18. Term and Termination. This Agreement shall continue until terminated by Apollo Streams or by You. Termination must be effectuated in writing. Upon termination, Your access to the Apollo Streams App shall be withdrawn and You agree to return all Documentation to Apollo Streams. Sections 3, 6, and 9-15 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
19. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on or through the Apollo Streams App infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Apollo Streams a notice requesting that it remove the material or block access to it. Submit your complaint by email or in writing and include in it the following information:
· A physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
· A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
· A description for where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
· Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
· A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
· A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner, or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See copyright.gov for details.
Our Copyright Agent for notices and counter-notices relating to claims of copyright infringement on the Website can be reached as follows:
We endeavor to respond quickly to the concerns of rights owners about any alleged infringement.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
Apps made available through the App Store are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each App is subject to your prior acceptance of either this Licensed Application End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), or a custom end user license agreement between you and the Application Provider (“Custom EULA”), if one is provided. Your license to any Apple App under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by Apple, and your license to any Third Party App under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by the Application Provider of that Third Party App. Any App that is subject to this Standard EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Application.” The Application Provider or Apple as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Application not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
a. Scope of License: Licensor grants to you a nontransferable license to use the Licensed Application on any Apple-branded products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules. The terms of this Standard EULA will govern any content, materials, or services accessible from or purchased within the Licensed Application as well as upgrades provided by Licensor that replace or supplement the original Licensed Application, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a Custom EULA. Except as provided in the Usage Rules, you may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not transfer, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application and, if you sell your Apple Device to a third party, you must remove the Licensed Application from the Apple Device before doing so. You may not copy (except as permitted by this license and the Usage Rules), reverse-engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent that any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open-sourced components included with the Licensed Application).
b. Consent to Use of Data: You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Application. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
c. Termination. This Standard EULA is effective until terminated by you or Licensor. Your rights under this Standard EULA will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of its terms.
d. External Services. The Licensed Application may enable access to Licensor’s and/or third-party services and websites (collectively and individually, "External Services"). You agree to use the External Services at your sole risk. Licensor is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any third-party External Services, and shall not be liable for any such third-party External Services. Data displayed by any Licensed Application or External Service, including but not limited to financial, medical and location information, is for general informational purposes only and is not guaranteed by Licensor or its agents. You will not use the External Services in any manner that is inconsistent with the terms of this Standard EULA or that infringes the intellectual property rights of Licensor or any third party. You agree not to use the External Services to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten or defame any person or entity, and that Licensor is not responsible for any such use. External Services may not be available in all languages or in your Home Country, and may not be appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to use such External Services, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. Licensor reserves the right to change, suspend, remove, disable or impose access restrictions or limits on any External Services at any time without notice or liability to you.
e. NO WARRANTY: YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE LICENSED APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND LICENSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LICENSOR OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
f. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE LICENSED APPLICATION, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Licensor’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
g. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S.-embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals List or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Application, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons.
h. The Licensed Application and related documentation are "Commercial Items", as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation", as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
i. Except to the extent expressly provided in the following paragraph, this Agreement and the relationship between you and Apple shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You and Apple agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California, to resolve any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement. If (a) you are not a U.S. citizen; (b) you do not reside in the U.S.; (c) you are not accessing the Service from the U.S.; and (d) you are a citizen of one of the countries identified below, you hereby agree that any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement shall be governed by the applicable law set forth below, without regard to any conflict of law provisions, and you hereby irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the state, province or country identified below whose law governs:
If you are a citizen of any European Union country or Switzerland, Norway or Iceland, the governing law and forum shall be the laws and courts of your usual place of residence.
Specifically excluded from application to this Agreement is that law known as the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
Terms of Service
Dated: January 5, 2022
TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to YouTube!
Thank you for using the YouTube platform and the products, services and features we make available to you as part of the platform (collectively, the “Service”).
The Service allows you to discover, watch and share videos and other content, provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe, and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small. We provide lots of information about our products and how to use them in our Help Center. Among other things, you can find out about YouTube Kids, the YouTube Partner Program and YouTube Paid Memberships and Purchases (where available).You can also read all about enjoying content on other devices like your television, your games console, or Google Home.
Your Service Provider
The entity providing the Service is Google LLC, a company operating under the laws of Delaware, located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 (referred to as “YouTube”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). References to YouTube’s “Affiliates” in these terms means the other companies within the Alphabet Inc. corporate group (now or in the future).
Your use of the Service is subject to these terms, the YouTube Community Guidelines and the Policy, Safety and Copyright Policies which may be updated from time to time (together, this "Agreement"). Your Agreement with us will also include the Advertising on YouTube Policies if you provide advertising or sponsorships to the Service or incorporate paid promotions in your content. Any other links or references provided in these terms are for informational use only and are not part of the Agreement.
Please read this Agreement carefully and make sure you understand it. If you do not understand the Agreement, or do not accept any part of it, then you may not use the Service.
Who may use the Service?
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service; however, children of all ages may use the Service and YouTube Kids (where available) if enabled by a parent or legal guardian.
Permission by Parent or Guardian
If you are under 18, you represent that you have your parent or guardian’s permission to use the Service. Please have them read this Agreement with you.
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18, by allowing your child to use the Service, you are subject to the terms of this Agreement and responsible for your child’s activity on the Service. You can find tools and resources to help you manage your family’s experience on YouTube (including how to enable a child under the age of 13 to use the Service and YouTube Kids) in our Help Center and through Google’s Family Link.
If you are using the Service on behalf of a company or organisation, you represent that you have authority to act on behalf of that entity, and that such entity accepts this Agreement.
Your Use of the Service
Content on the Service
The content on the Service includes videos, audio (for example music and other sounds), graphics, photos, text (such as comments and scripts), branding (including trade names, trademarks, service marks, or logos), interactive features, software, metrics, and other materials whether provided by you, YouTube or a third-party (collectively, "Content”).
Content is the responsibility of the person or entity that provides it to the Service. YouTube is under no obligation to host or serve Content. If you see any Content you believe does not comply with this Agreement, including by violating the Community Guidelines or the law, you can report it to us.
Google Accounts and YouTube Channels
You can use parts of the Service, such as browsing and searching for Content, without having a Google account. However, you do need a Google account to use some features. With a Google account, you may be able to like videos, subscribe to channels, create your own YouTube channel, and more. You can follow these instructions to create a Google account.
Creating a YouTube channel will give you access to additional features and functions, such as uploading videos, making comments or creating playlists (where available). Here are some details about how to create your own YouTube channel.
To protect your Google account, keep your password confidential. You should not reuse your Google account password on third-party applications. Learn more about keeping your Google account secure, including what to do if you learn of any unauthorized use of your password or Google account.
We will process any audio or audiovisual content uploaded by you to the Service in accordance with the YouTube Data Processing Terms, except in cases where you uploaded such content for personal purposes or household activities. Learn More.
Permissions and Restrictions
You may access and use the Service as made available to you, as long as you comply with this Agreement and applicable law. You may view or listen to Content for your personal, non-commercial use. You may also show YouTube videos through the embeddable YouTube player.
The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:
- access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as expressly authorized by the Service; or (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders;
- circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage with, or otherwise interfere with any part of the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that (a) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of Content or (b) limit the use of the Service or Content;
- access the Service using any automated means (such as robots, botnets or scrapers) except (a) in the case of public search engines, in accordance with YouTube’s robots.txt file; or (b) with YouTube’s prior written permission;
- collect or harvest any information that might identify a person (for example, usernames or faces), unless permitted by that person or allowed under section (3) above;
- use the Service to distribute unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other unwanted or mass solicitations;
- cause or encourage any inaccurate measurements of genuine user engagement with the Service, including by paying people or providing them with incentives to increase a video’s views, likes, or dislikes, or to increase a channel’s subscribers, or otherwise manipulate metrics in any manner;
- misuse any reporting, flagging, complaint, dispute, or appeals process, including by making groundless, vexatious, or frivolous submissions;
- run contests on or through the Service that do not comply with YouTube’s contest policies and guidelines;
- use the Service to view or listen to Content other than for personal, non-commercial use (for example, you may not publicly screen videos or stream music from the Service); or
- use the Service to (a) sell any advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on, around, or within the Service or Content, other than those allowed in the Advertising on YouTube policies (such as compliant product placements); or (b) sell advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of any website or application that only contains Content from the Service or where Content from the Service is the primary basis for such sales (for example, selling ads on a webpage where YouTube videos are the main draw for users visiting the webpage).
Using the Service does not give you ownership of or rights to any aspect of the Service, including user names or any other Content posted by others or YouTube.
Develop, Improve and Update the Service
YouTube is constantly changing and improving the Service. As part of this continual evolution, we may make modifications or changes (to all or part of the Service) such as adding or removing features and functionalities, offering new digital content or services or discontinuing old ones. We may also need to alter or discontinue the Service, or any part of it, in order to make performance or security improvements, make changes to comply with law, or prevent illegal activities on or abuse of our systems. These changes may affect all users, some users or even an individual user. When the Service requires or includes downloadable software (such as the YouTube Studio application), that software may update automatically on your device once a new version or feature is available, subject to your device settings. If we make material changes that negatively impact your use of the Service, we’ll provide you with reasonable advance notice, except in urgent situations such as preventing abuse, responding to legal requirements, or addressing security and operability issues. We’ll also provide you with an opportunity to export your content from your Google Account using Google Takeout, subject to applicable law and policies.
Your Content and Conduct
If you have a YouTube channel, you may be able to upload Content to the Service. You may use your Content to promote your business or artistic enterprise. If you choose to upload Content, you must not submit to the Service any Content that does not comply with this Agreement (including the YouTube Community Guidelines) or the law. For example, the Content you submit must not include third-party intellectual property (such as copyrighted material) unless you have permission from that party or are otherwise legally entitled to do so. You are legally responsible for the Content you submit to the Service. We may use automated systems that analyze your Content to help detect infringement and abuse, such as spam, malware, and illegal content.
Rights you Grant
You retain ownership rights in your Content. However, we do require you to grant certain rights to YouTube and other users of the Service, as described below.
License to YouTube
By providing Content to the Service, you grant to YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use that Content (including to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works, display and perform it) in connection with the Service and YouTube’s (and its successors' and Affiliates') business, including for the purpose of promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service.
License to Other Users
You also grant each other user of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to access your Content through the Service, and to use that Content, including to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works, display, and perform it, only as enabled by a feature of the Service (such as video playback or embeds). For clarity, this license does not grant any rights or permissions for a user to make use of your Content independent of the Service.
Duration of License
The licenses granted by you continue for a commercially reasonable period of time after you remove or delete your Content from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that YouTube may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted.
Right to Monetize
You grant to YouTube the right to monetize your Content on the Service (and such monetization may include displaying ads on or within Content or charging users a fee for access). This Agreement does not entitle you to any payments. Starting November 18, 2020, any payments you may be entitled to receive from YouTube under any other agreement between you and YouTube (including for example payments under the YouTube Partner Program, Channel memberships or Super Chat) will be treated as royalties. If required by law, Google will withhold taxes from such payments.
Removing Your Content
You may remove your Content from the Service at any time. You also have the option to make a copy of your Content before removing it. You must remove your Content if you no longer have the rights required by these terms.
Removal of Content By YouTube
If any of your Content (1) is in breach of this Agreement or (2) may cause harm to YouTube, our users, or third parties, we reserve the right to remove or take down some or all of such Content in our discretion. We will notify you with the reason for our action unless we reasonably believe that to do so: (a) would breach the law or the direction of a legal enforcement authority or would otherwise risk legal liability for YouTube or our Affiliates; (b) would compromise an investigation or the integrity or operation of the Service; or (c) would cause harm to any user, other third party, YouTube or our Affiliates. You can learn more about reporting and enforcement, including how to appeal on the Troubleshooting page of our Help Center.
Community Guidelines Strikes
YouTube operates a system of “strikes” in respect of Content that violates the YouTube Community Guidelines. Each strike comes with varying restrictions and may result in the permanent removal of your channel from YouTube. A full description of how a strike affects your channel is available on the Community Guidelines Strikes Basics page. If you believe that a strike has been issued in error, you may appeal here.
If your channel has been restricted due to a strike, you must not use another channel to circumvent these restrictions. Violation of this prohibition is a material breach of this Agreement and Google reserves the right to terminate your Google account or your access to all or part of the Service.
We provide information to help copyright holders manage their intellectual property online in our YouTube Copyright Center. If you believe your copyright has been infringed on the Service, please send us a notice.
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement according to the process in our YouTube Copyright Center, where you can also find information about how to resolve a copyright strike. YouTube's policies provide for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of repeat infringers’ access to the Service.
Account Suspension & Termination
Terminations by You
You may stop using the Service at any time. Follow these instructions to delete the Service from your Google Account, which involves closing your YouTube channel and removing your data. You also have the option to download a copy of your data first.
Terminations and Suspensions by YouTube
YouTube reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Google account or your access to all or part of the Service if (a) you materially or repeatedly breach this Agreement; (b) we are required to do so to comply with a legal requirement or a court order; or (c) we reasonably believe that there has been conduct that creates (or could create) liability or harm to any user, other third party, YouTube or our Affiliates.
Notice for Termination or Suspension
We will notify you with the reason for termination or suspension by YouTube unless we reasonably believe that to do so: (a) would violate the law or the direction of a legal enforcement authority; (b) would compromise an investigation; (c) would compromise the integrity, operation or security of the Service; or (d) would cause harm to any user, other third party, YouTube or our Affiliates.
Effect of Account Suspension or Termination
If your Google account is terminated or your access to the Service is restricted, you may continue using certain aspects of the Service (such as viewing only) without an account, and this Agreement will continue to apply to such use. If you believe that the termination or suspension has been made in error, you can appeal using this form.
About Software in the Service
When the Service requires or includes downloadable software (such as the YouTube Studio application), unless that software is governed by additional terms which provide a license, YouTube gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by YouTube as part of the Service. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Service as provided by YouTube, in the manner permitted by this Agreement. You are not allowed to copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of the software, or to reverse-engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit these restrictions or you have YouTube’s written permission.
Some software used in our Service may be offered under an open source license that we make available to you. There may be provisions in an open source license that expressly override some of these terms, so please be sure to read those licenses.
Other Legal Terms
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR AS REQUIRED BY LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND YOUTUBE DOES NOT MAKE ANY SPECIFIC COMMITMENTS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SERVICE. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY WARRANTIES ABOUT: (A) THE CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE; (B) THE SPECIFIC FEATURES OF THE SERVICE, OR ITS ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS; OR (C) THAT ANY CONTENT YOU SUBMIT WILL BE ACCESSIBLE ON THE SERVICE.
Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUTUBE, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, GOODWILL, OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS; PUNITIVE DAMAGES CAUSED BY:
- ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES ON THE SERVICE;
- PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE;
- ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICE;
- ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF THE SERVICE;
- ANY VIRUSES OR MALICIOUS CODE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY;
- ANY CONTENT WHETHER SUBMITTED BY A USER OR YOUTUBE, INCLUDING YOUR USE OF CONTENT; AND/OR
- THE REMOVAL OR UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY CONTENT.
THIS PROVISION APPLIES TO ANY CLAIM, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE CLAIM ASSERTED IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
YOUTUBE AND ITS AFFILIATES’ TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE SERVICE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT OF REVENUE THAT YOUTUBE HAS PAID TO YOU FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IN THE 12 MONTHS BEFORE THE DATE OF YOUR NOTICE, IN WRITING TO YOUTUBE, OF THE CLAIM; AND (B) USD $500.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless YouTube, its Affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive this Agreement and your use of the Service.
About this Agreement
Changing this Agreement
We may change this Agreement, for example, (1) to reflect changes to our Service or how we do business - for example, when we add new products or features or remove old ones, (2) for legal, regulatory, or security reasons, or (3) to prevent abuse or harm.
If we materially change this Agreement, we’ll provide you with reasonable advance notice and the opportunity to review the changes, except (1) when we launch a new product or feature, or (2) in urgent situations, such as preventing ongoing abuse or responding to legal requirements. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you should remove any Content you uploaded and stop using the Service.
Continuation of this Agreement
If your use of the Service ends, the following terms of this Agreement will continue to apply to you: “Other Legal Terms”, “About This Agreement”, and the licenses granted by you will continue as described under “Duration of License”.
If it turns out that a particular term of this Agreement is not enforceable for any reason, this will not affect any other terms.
If you fail to comply with this Agreement and we do not take immediate action, this does not mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as the right to take action in the future).
In these terms, “include” or “including” means “including but not limited to,” and any examples we give are for illustrative purposes.
All claims arising out of or relating to these terms or the Service will be governed by California law, except California’s conflict of laws rules, and will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Santa Clara County, California, USA. You and YouTube consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
Limitation on Legal Action
YOU AND YOUTUBE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.