Have a streaming event question? Apollo Streams has an answer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does Apollo Streams require extra purchased hardware?
No. However, we have created our own patented tripod that will allow you to capture angles from 9 feet high (above sideline heads) while comfortably sitting in a chair, but it's not required. You just need to provide your own iPad and at least one iPhone to stream your own content.
Apollo Streams is an iOS app, so it cannot be used on non-iOS devices. You can use Apollo Streams on any of the following iOS devices, running the most recent operating system (iOS 13 or newer).
You can also add a DJI Gimbal and either a Playstation Remote or an X-box remote to control additional cameras. With a remote and gimbal combination, you can control the movement of the camera, zooming in and out, capturing replays, adjusting the score and switching between camera angles.
We recommend using an iPad as your main control device for the ultimate video production experience. Apollo Streams supports the following:
- iPad: 5th generation and newer
- iPad Air: 2nd generation and newer
- iPad Pro: 9.7”, 10.2", 10.5”, 11”, 12.9”
- iPhone 8 and newer (recommended)
Although the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7 are compatible with Apollo Streams, we do not recommend them. These older devices may have Wi-Fi connectivity issues, may not receive iOS updates, and have a shorter battery life. If you plan on using multiple camera angles and want high-quality cameras, we recommend using an iPhone 8 or newer generation. We integrate our zoom perfectly with all 3 lenses of the iPhone 11 and 12. Plus, with the iPhone 12, you can reach 5G speeds... Perfect for streaming!
How does my program make money from Apollo Streams?
There are two ways to make money from the Apollo Streams program.
1. The team fundraiser. Programs have raised anywhere from $10,000-$60,000 when they participate in the Apollo Streams fundraiser. So far, everyone have told us this is by far their best fundraiser EVER!
2. During the game you'll have opportunities to play advertisements after a team scores, in between quarters, innings, time-outs and halftime. Reach out to local sponsors, gather advertisements, logos, commercials, etc. During the appropriate times, play their ad or display their logos and give a shout out to those who sponsor your team. As you post your live streams on social media and get as many viewers as possible, more and more organizations will start asking how they can sponsor your program. The ad revenue will start rolling in. A live stream is far more engaging than a poster or banner placed in a gym or on a field.
Do we have to add our own Ads?
No. However, if your viewership gets high enough, we may give you the option to play some national ads to make money for your program. So get promoting your live stream networks and we'll do our best to help sponsor your team too!
Do we need a professional videographer?
No. Anyone can stream content easily. Sure, adding a tripod vs handheld devices provide a better experience for the viewers. In the end, the better experience the viewer has... the more viewers you'll get for each event and the more money you can make. Commentating in a fun way can change the entire experience as well. But those are things ANYONE can do. Have fun with it! It's your show!
Do we need Wifi at our event?
No. We've streamlined our software and data to make it possible to stream through cell phone data plans. Naturally you'll want to use the fastest connection possible (which could be your wifi) to allow for the greatest quality video. However, a cell phone data plan will work perfectly.
Is there a video tutorial to help me get started?
Yes! Click here to follow the link to better understand the ins and outs of the Apollo Streams app.
How do I give permission for someone using Apollo Streams to post to my Facebook page? Reference this PDF when setting up your Live Stream the first time.
- From your News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page and click Page Settings in the bottom left.
- Click Page Roles in the left column.
- Type a name or email in the box and select the person from the list that appears.
- Click Editor to select a role from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add and enter your password to confirm.
However, if you are posting to a Facebook GROUP you will need to follow these steps from a PC or Mac computer (it does not work on the Facebook mobile app):
1. In a browser, the group owner must log into Facebook and find your group.
2. On the left hand side of the screen, click on Settings near the bottom.
3. Scroll to the bottom (middle area) where it says "Apps."
4. Click on the pencil icon next to Apps.
4. Click "Add App."
6. Search for Apollo Streams.
7. Click on Apollo Streams 'A' logo.
8. Click on Add.
What do I do if I get a Facebook permission error like this?
In the unlikely event that you miss a permission step or aren't set up as an admin for your particular Facebook page, you may see this error. If so, follow this step by step guide to get you back on track and streaming quickly!
How do I stream to YouTube? Reference this PDF when setting up your Live Stream the first time.